Wednesday, July 18, 2007

many men smoke...but fu man chu

So after the 22 hour trip across the arctic circle I have finally arrived in Shanghai. I didn't sleep a wink and sat next to a huge idiot who kept on elbowing my armrest. My channel flipped, the light went on and off, and the sudoku I was working on was diabolical. I insist on taking an oceanliner back to the states. I will see you all in November. I also considered buying replica set of earrings seen on Hermione in the yule ball scene from the airline's duty free magazine. But really, what is the point if the only one who would ever notice was snigdha?
My father is fat. He is also too hip for his own good. He enjoys Mango daquiris and Corrine Bailey-Raye...he is kind of a faggot. I am staying at a close friend's house, Fiona and Albane are a really interesting couple. She is Shanghainese but grew up in Germnay and is award winning chef. Albane is a Dutchman who hates the japanese after they slaughtered his family in the japanese " liberation " of Indonesia. they are very sweet and laid back. Last night I walked in and they wer ehaving dinner with a French professor who speaks chinese with an accent and is an arrogant bastard. Great face though, like a skeleton......I will paint him.
My father left me with " good luck, this place is wildly haunted." He laughed his ass off on the stairs. My father reminds me of Yuriy. He also used the term " BFD" instead of just saying " big fucking deal."